World leading technology of Thermomax heat pipe tubes and unique modular design combine to offer a high performance collector with a lower cost of ownership than ever before. Thermomax HP evacuated tube collectors is a ‘dry system’ recommended especially for ease of installation and maintenance. The superior vacuum inside Thermomax HP tubes protects the system from outside influences such as cold conditions or high humidity. Simple ‘plug and play’ design of Thermomax solar thermal collectors reduces labour time and maintenance.
Features and Benefits
- Highly efficient – super fast heat transfer.
- Unique temperature limitation safety device – memory spring to limit temperature to 90°C (domestic installations) or 135°C (commercial/industrial installations).
- Up to 30% more efficient than traditional flat plate panels.
- Supplies up to 70% of your annual hot water needs.
- Designed especially for Northern European climates.
- Asethically pleasing – slimline manifold.
- Up to 20 years guarantee.
1reland’s solar climate is as good as Paris and 70% of the solar climate on the Mediterranean coast. In Ireland a horizontal surface of 1m2 receives an average of approximately 1100 Kilowatt-hours (kWh) of solar energy per year (the equivalent of 120 litres of oil)
Solar energy in Ireland is provided by both direct sunlight (40%) and indirect sunlight (60%). So, even when the sky is overcast, its radiation (sunlight) is available at ground level and can be converted into useful heat by a solar water heater.
A 6m² Flat Plate Solar Water Heater installations in Ireland could possibly provide the energy equivalent of a 3KW immersion heater running for almost 2.5 hours on average, every day, 365 days per year.